Wednesday, January 7, 2009

GOsh, it's there...the new year!

I spend New Year on Ruegen, Germany biggest island in the Baltic Sea.
We stayed in a little "beach house." It's actually on top of the shore, but still really close to the ocean, and you've got a great view from up there.



On the way up to Ruegen, wie stopped by a park, with more than 1000 year old oak trees.
Thankfully I had time to run some lightpaintings on two of them.


We finally arrived on Ruegen at probably 6pm, and got some shopping done, in a local shop.
After we had some food, we moved in the house, and needed some heaters, because it was freezing inside. After my folks got everything running, I packed up all my camera stuff and went down to the beach, to get some shoots of the water and the coast.
Shamefully, I lost my green gel =/


On New Years Eve, my folks and I walked along the coast, to get a nice view on the fireworks. The fireworks got fired up at a old pier, the main tourist attraction in Sellin.

After the fireworks stopped, we walked down on the beach, and fired up our own rockets.
It's quite impressive how my dad can start them out of his hands.



On Jan. 1st, we went to the "famous" Chalk Coast, in the west of Ruegen, where I took the picture with the piece of wood.
In the evening, I went out to take the last few frames of an abdomen holiday camp, and the view down the coast, to a little town.
After all, I had a really relaxing start in the new year!

No comments: